The Methodist School For Supernatural Ministry
Jesus said: “I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing…” (John 14:12).
We at Aldersgate Renewal Ministries believe that Jesus' words includes United Methodists today! More than believing that miracles really happened, and beyond believing that God still performs miracles, Jesus invites us to “Preach…heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, and cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.” [Mt 10:7-8]
Where can Methodists who are longing to live in the supernatural learn about our Methodist heritage of supernatural ministry, how God is moving supernaturally in and through Methodists today, and how to be used by God in supernatural ways?
At The Methodist School for Supernatural Ministry!
- Courses taught from a Methodist perspective
- Manifestations of the Spirit among Methodists in the past
- Current moves of the Spirit among Methodists around the world
- Jesus said, “Everyone who is fully trained will be like his teacher.” [Lk 6:40]
- A place to learn together from teachers who are learning to move in the supernatural
- Practical subjects not taught in most seminaries
- Learning to minister God’s supernatural gifts in God’s supernatural power
- Continuing Education Units and Lay Speaker Advanced training credits offered
- Doing what cannot be done by our natural abilities
- Doing ALL that Jesus did and commanded [Mt 28:20]
- Combining Bible-based teaching with miraculous demonstrations of the power of God to “fully proclaim” the kingdom of God. [Ro 15:19]
- The Holy Spirit comes to the sessions as a participant, not just an observer
- Putting into practice what we learn inside and outside of class
- Seeing God work through you and your church in supernatural ways to change lives forever
- Jesus said we would DO what he had been doing [Jn 14:12]
- Experiencing the healing, delivering, strengthening, empowering, encouraging, enlightening, awesome presence of the Holy Spirit
Supernatural Ministry Intensive was created as a follow-up to the original Methodist School for Supernatural Ministry series. Each event will address aspects of supernatural ministry, but they will be a day shorter, and less expensive.
Intensive #1 "Living in the Supernatural"
The body of Christ is made strong and healthy through the Spirit’s manifestations; therefore if there is not a biblical understanding of supernatural gifts of the Spirit, the Church will run the risk of never becoming a healthy body. It should be natural to live in the supernatural. This intensive will prepare you to function in the lifestyle advocated by Jesus and demonstrated in the book of Acts.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Understanding the basics - the weighty responsibility to host the anointing.
- Non-negotiables - five essential factors to walk in the supernatural.
- Where did the power go? - Why is the American church so absent of power?
- How supernatural gifts work - What does the supernatural lifestyle look like?
- Creating a prophetic culture - living in the voice; life is in His voice.
- The more excellent way - doing everything under the motive of love.
Dr. Rob McCorkle was “wrecked” by the Holy Spirit in 2006. Ever since that time he has had a passion for seeing our Methodist family, and especially the Church of the Nazarene [his church], re-dig the supernatural wells that were established by John Wesley and the early Methodists.
Rob is the founder of Fire School Ministries, established in 2008. Along with pastoring a Nazarene church in Columbus, Ohio, Dr. McCorkle teaches in revivals and conferences, equipping believers to replicate the supernatural life and ministry of Jesus. In his church, his Fire School, and at conferences he has seen many healings, deliverances and miracles. He and his wife, Cindy, have two married children and one grandchild.
Rob got his D. Min. degree from United Theological Seminary in the same group and at the same time as Randy Clark. He has just published his first book Bridging the Great Divide: Reuniting Word and Spirit.
Jonathan Dow is well known in ARM circles as our former Executive Director. Jonathan has a long standing passion for worship and has led worship at many ARM events, in churches, in retreats and in other settings. We look forward to his anointed worship during this first ARM Intensive. We are expecting God to move supernaturally under his anointing.
Intensive #2 "Ministering from an Open Heaven"
What is an open heaven? What does it mean to have access TO an open heaven? What does it mean for us to be able to minister with all the resources available FROM an open heaven? Come expecting to experience an open heaven!
·An Open Heaven: What is it?
·Jesus is the Main Key
·Being in the Blessing Business
·Giving opens the Floodgates
·The Power of a Childlike Faith
·How to See it / Releasing the Seer Anointing
James Durham has served as a United Methodist elder for more than 48 years, including 13 years as a pastor and almost 30 years as an active duty army Chaplain. James retired from the military at the rank of Colonel, and in 2010, James and his wife, Gloria, retired from the pastoral ministry and moved to Columbia, South Carolina in order to write, teach seminars around the world, and mentor many spiritual sons and daughters. James is a graduate of Oklahoma State University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology; Perkins School of Theology, Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas with a Master’s degree in Theology. James has appeared on the Trinity Broadcasting Network and on Sid Roth’s TV Program It’s Supernatural. Website: highercallingministriesintl.com
Gloria Durham has a heart totally dedicated to serving the Lord. She provides a ministry of counseling, prayer and teaching to people around the world. Gloria and James always minister together to bring the richness of what God has given to each of them. She also has a powerful anointing for healing the sick and is often sought out for healing prayers.
Don Hershman is a worshiper, worship leader, and prophetic psalmist/songwriter. Having been radically saved in 1997, Don has a great passion for the presence, fire, and the glory of God. He is anointed in imparting a passion for God through worship, as well as teaching on practical aspects of prophetic worship and prophesying in song. Don has led worship in the local church, as well as a host of state and regional conferences, including our Aldersgate Conference. He has released five worship CDs. Website: hershmanministries.com