Request for Proposal
About the Conference
Aldersgate Renewal Ministries (ARM) is the working name of the United Methodist Renewal Services Fellowship, Incorporated. ARM seeks to equip the local church to minister to the world in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Our largest event, ALDERSGATE, is a national conference on Spirit-filled living. This family conference is an educational / equipping event with concurrent programming for nursery/pre-school (30+), elementary children (90+), youth (250+) and adults (1000+). Adult worship celebrations are open to the public.
Ideal Host City Location
South of Pittsburgh, PA
East of Kansas City, MO ◊ West of Raleigh, NC
North of Atlanta, GA
The Ideal Host City Will Have
- Vision for a “City Package.”
- Reasonable sleeping room and F&B rates within our history parameters
- City incentives from CVB
- Complimentary meeting space based on room block
- Close proximity of hotels to meeting space
- Variety and close proximity of multiple eating options
Preferred Conference Dates
2017 (1) July 13 - 16 (2) July 20 - 23
We desire the conference rate for three days prior to and three days post event to encourage the site to be a summer vacation destination.
Facility Meeting Space Needs
Gate-Kids Nursery (10+)
Gate-Kids Preschool [birth–5] (20+)
Gate-Kids Children [6-12] (90+) - PLUS 1 Large Breakout
Gate Youth [13-18] (250+) - PLUS 8 Breakouts
Aldersgate Adult Worship Celebrations (1000+) [includes local attendees]
Aldersgate Adult Equipping Sessions (10-15 concurrent breakouts)
Small prayer room, and rehearsal rooms.
We generally have an additional room set up with rounds for meals up to 275, an Exhibit Area (25-30 table tops) and a Resource Center (25+ table tops).
TUESDAY - Staff arrive
WEDNESDAY - Move-In, Pre-con meetings, Rehearsals (5-10 pm)
THURSDAY - Exit Lane Prayer (2 - 3:30 pm), Aldersgate (7 - 9:30 pm)
FRIDAY - Aldersgate (9:30 am - 9:30 pm)
SATURDAY - Aldersgate (9:30 am - 9:30 pm)
SUNDAY - Aldersgate (9:30 am - 11 am), Move–Out (12 pm-6 pm)
MONDAY - Remaining Staff depart
Hotel Room Block Needs
TUESDAY – 20, WEDNESDAY – 90, THURSDAY – 450, FRIDAY – 450, SATURDAY – 450, SUNDAY – 30
We normally distribute hotel rooms between 2 or 3 properties to provide our participants price options. For 2017, we would like one of the hotels to be in the $89 range as an economical option for youth groups.
- Our ideal hotel rate is $99 - w/ inclusive parking.
- Through CVB incentives, hotel rebates and other grants, we seek to have meeting space rental covered.
- Inclusive banquet prices hot plated or buffet $14, $17, $20 - breakfast, lunch, dinner. We usually have 5 or more meal functions that vary in size from 25 to 275.
- We partner with an A/V company for Adult and Gate Youth worship celebrations and need any fees to bring in A/V equipment waived. We would use the in-house A/V company for breakouts if needed.
Interested in Bidding?
Please direct inquiries and proposals to:
Aldersgate Conference Manager
Aldersgate Renewal Ministries
121 East Avenue Goodlettsville, TN 37072